Amidst the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, staying healthy is at the forefront of everyone’s mind. It is vital that we take extra precautions to protect ourselves. If you need a product that will help ward off viruses (including the coronavirus), take a look into the sanitizing abilities of Cheek 2 Feet, Visha Skincare’s 4-in-1 body spray.
Cheek 2 Feet serves a variety of purposes, but right now, the most pertinent purpose is its ability to reduce microorganisms on the skin. The formula is safe on delicate facial skin, which is particularly beneficial for those of us who have the bad habit of touching our face (and spreading microorganisms) throughout the day.
Many viruses need dry mucous membranes to spread, so misting the face, hands, and body with Cheek 2 Feet helps decrease microbes and viral transmission. Besides the benefits of adding moisture to the skin, there are three active sanitizing ingredients in the Cheek 2 Feet formula.
Key Ingredient #1: Witch Hazel (Hamamelis Virginiana) is a natural astringent that is often used topically to cleanse and soothe the skin. It contains tannins, which have been scientifically proven to possess antiviral properties. This means witch hazel has the ability to inhibit the activity of certain viruses.
Key Ingredient #2 Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca Alternifolia) extract has been used for centuries as a natural antiseptic. It has the ability to minimize the growth of microorganisms on the skin and, like witch hazel, studies have shown that Tea Tree Oil has antiviral properties.
Key Ingredient #3 Thyme Leaf Oil (Thymus Vulgaris) from the leaves of the thyme plant is often used as a natural disinfectant. Along with tea tree extract, thyme leaf oil is effective at inactivating viruses, including the flu virus.
Dr. Patel’s Tips for Flu Season & Coronavirus PreventionIn addition to using Cheek 2 Feet as a sanitizing spray, there are a few extra steps you should follow to avoid infection of viruses, including the coronavirus:
- Avoid touching your face to prevent introducing viruses into your body.
- Sanitize objects that you regularly touch, such as your phone, computer, keys, and earbuds.
- Wash your hands regularly, for a minimum of 20 seconds. Use a hand sanitizer if soap and water isn’t available. Your skin will dry out with repeated cleansing, but Cheek 2 Feet will help restore the lost moisture.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who is exhibiting symptoms, such as a cough or a fever.
- Cough and sneeze either into your elbow or into a tissue. Be sure to dispose of the tissue immediately, and thoroughly wash your hands afterwards.
- Be sure to drink lots of water, get plenty of sleep, and keep up with your skincare and health routine.